Sunday, November 23, 2008

SSS #27 - Hootie Emerging from Shadow

Hootie in Shadow
Posting this for Shadow Shot Sunday. This is one of a series of photos of my cat, Hootie, that I took a year and a half ago. The light was just so great and he was all too accommodating. In this shot I love how his face & whiskers are peeking out from the shadow into the beam of sunlight.

Lens Used: EF 50 mm 1.4

10 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

A beautiful picture..and beautiful cat..They are always a fun topic.

A Wild Thing said...

I wish I could have a cat, but my terrorist terrier would have 'em for lunch. I love the little shadow over his eye...awesome shot and welcome to the group...you are gonna meet some wonderful people here on this lil' meme.

sharon

Alissa Nicolau said...

Great shadow shot!

Dianne said...

he is so beautiful

your shot is lovely

Jan said...

Unique interpretation of Shadow shot. Your cat is gorgeous.

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

What a neat picture - love how Hootie is emerging from the shadows!

Hey Harriet said...

A beautiful shadow shot. What a gorgeous cat!

ArtGirl said...

I have really been enjoying your photo blog! You black and whites are great too. I love the one of your dog. YOu really captured some character and personality....

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Hootie is such a great name. I just love cats.
Your photos are wonderful.

Tracy said...

Hootie looks a lot like our cat, Zoe. Nice photo! :)